Rockefeller Archive Center Guide to Using Archivematica
This is the Rockefeller Archive Center’s local documentation for Archivematica. Archivematica is an integrated suite of tools to process digital objects from ingest to archival storage and access in compliance with the OAIS functional model and other digital preservation standards and best practices.
- Set up for Transfer: How to structure a transfer directory, what metadata needs to be included in a transfer, and the location to move the transfer so that Archivematica can start ingest.
- Ingest: Steps to use the automation tools to ingest transfers, as well as the steps to manually ingest transfers using the Dashboard.
- Workflows by Content Type: Workflow steps for digitized material, born digital, and A/V.
- Administration: Details on the settings in the Dashboard’s Administration tab, storage service settings, automation tools configuration, and system troubleshooting.
- Appendix: Details on the Processing Configuration for each content type and details for the ArchivesSpace integration PREMIS mapping.
For system administration information, including IP addresses and logins, see the Archivematica Info Sheet.
For more information on Archivematica, see the Official Archivematica Documentation.